About Isolation Network, Inc.
Isolation Network, Inc. (“IN”) is the parent company of INgrooves Music Group and INscribe Digital. IN’s technology powers media distribution for INgrooves Music Group, INscribe Digital, as well as a number of corporate enterprise media clients. The scalable and extensible software platform enables content owners to comprehensively manage media and monitor asset processing, delivery and performance on a daily basis.
We are looking for a talented Senior Database Administrator with a service-oriented mentality who is capable of designing and maintaining enterprise grade and geographically scalable SQL Server infrastructure to join our ONE Digital Technologies Platform Engineering team. The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of professional database administration experience managing Microsoft SQL Server database servers in both transactional and data warehousing environments with strong experience implementing ETL, data warehouse and automation processes. This position is based in Victoria, BC, Canada.
The primary role of the Senior Database Administrator will be to administer and maintain the existing database systems as well as aiding in the development of the next generation of INgrooves applications and data warehousing platforms.
• Support, maintain, and enhance the existing infrastructure to ensure a scalable, performant, and secure environment for all database systems
• Design and implement OLTP and OLAP database schemas, including the creation of logical and physical data models, in conjunction with the INgrooves Engineering teams
• Create and maintain high performance ETL, Reporting and Business Intelligence systems and applications
• Installation, configuration and maintenance of database systems in standalone, clustered and virtual environments
• Architect and implement High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) databases technologies in order to meet operational and business uptime requirements
• Implement automated monitoring, alerting, and metric gathering to identify and prevent performance or systems issues from impacting production environments
• Plan, schedule, and execute the backup, maintenance, upgrades and expansion of database systems as required including the application of service packs, upgrade of database versions and the implementation of capacity management tools.
• Assist in developing and documenting best practice procedures, standards, guidelines, and ensuring compliance within the database environment
• Participate in an after-hours support call rotation
Skills and Experience
• 8 or more years’ experience administering SQL Server in a multi-center environment with both transactional and data warehousing components
• Knowledge of SQL Server database architecture and platform fundamentals as well as a deep understanding of relational database fundamentals
• Experience in performance tuning and optimization using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools along with third party tools including Red Gate’s SQLMonitor to ensure maximum uptime and performance
• Knowledge and experience in SQL Server replication and clustering
• Proficiency with Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), and Analysis Services (SSAS)
• Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory along SAN technologies in both physical and virtualized environments
• Working knowledge of NOSQL databases, cloud infrastructure patterns including PaaS, IaaS and SaaS
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills along with the ability to communicate with internal and external customers.
• Ability to accurately and effectively document complex systems and infrastructures.
• Be able to perform effectively as part of a small team in a rapidly growing, dynamic environment.
Why work with us?
We are passionate about the health and wellbeing of our team members, and are committed to career development. Isolation Network, Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical and dental insurance. Other perks of working with us are generous paid leave allowances, training & development programs, and the opportunity to work in a casual, energetic, creative and fun working environment!
Apply to JOBS@ingrooves.com